Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Whole Wheat Honey Banana Muffins
35 min 20 min prep
3 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons wheat germ
2/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
1 cup honey
4 eggs (I substitute 1 cup of pumpkin puree)
2 cups mashed bananas
1/2 cup hot water
1. Stir together dry ingredients.
2. Beat oil and honey together; add eggs and beat well.
3. Add bananas and beat to combine.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with hot water; mix well after each addition.
5. Spoon batter into 24 greased muffin cups; bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and test done.
Remove from oven and cool on rack.
I had a bunch of bananas and I had put in a request for some banana recipes at a couple of my boards and they came through as always but I hadn't printed any of them, so I quickly looked through my recipe book with my handwritten favorites and found this one, I had forgotten about it. It's such a good and yummy recipe. It's from Recipe zaar. But now I have to get more brown bananas so I can try all the new banana recipes that were given. Yummy work in the future.
Posted by Donna @ Snowbound at 10:43 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Ooh, I will have to try this sometime!!! If I ever get my muffin baking sheet back from my SIL!!
But those sound delish! Thank you!
Post a Comment