Friday, January 21, 2011


Friday - I can't seem to get a break in the sleep department. So last night I was in bed at 10:00 exactly. Within minutes my Mars (husband) was snoring softly beside me. I'm confused about this phenomenon he seems to pull off every night by being asleep within minutes. This man must never had a thought in his head that he can sleep so easily.

I've asked him plenty of times how he does it but he's not sure. He thinks it's because he can clear his head of thoughts and I can't do this, I've tried and I continue to try as I work at yoga but for right now it eludes me.

My problem is that when I try not to think of anything, I think of all the many problems in my life, past, present and future. I'm working at changing this but it's slow, slow going.

So I think I managed to fall asleep between 10:30 and 11:00, figured I'd get some decent sleep but I woke at 4am for the second morning in a row! What the...? I don't get it. I'm also a person who starts thinking about stuff right away and find it impossible to fall asleep once I've woke up. So I'm really focusing right now on getting good sleep patterns and habits. It's a must for me right now.

Saturday - I went to visit with my Mom and Dad. Dad says he's hanging in there, he's still alive when I ask how he's doing. I can't think of what else to ask him. Cancer sucks and it's eating away him him day by day and there is nothing we can do about it. We are past the initial shocked, angry, sad part of it all and are just being now. I go up to visit often but I wish I could do more for my mom. I hadn't been up since I've been sick and the cold spell hit, so it was nice to see him last night.

Mom and I also went through my Nana's old knitting things. I got several sets of needles and a bunch of yarn/wool to practice knitting on.

So I stayed up until midnight trying to figure out how to do a three/four needle project. I think I got it figured out but we'll see.

So I feel asleep fairly quickly but at 5am I heard my son yelling or rather screaming my name. My husband went to his rescue but I was awake and couldn't go back to sleep.

It's been a busy day cleaning up and running errands. Tonight it's girls night. We are at a different house tonight and it'll be interesting to see what we get up to tonight. Each ladies night we usually play a game but we are evolving and it's turning into a really great group!

No comments: