Monday, June 08, 2009

Summer, summer, summer...

We've been having some beautiful weather. We've had a little bit of rain but not enough to put a damper on enjoying the nice sunny days.

With summer in full swing and my Husband working long hours, it's just me and the boys. We've been spending a lot of time in the yard and garden, the boys are all on their bikes. Bubba refuses to try and pedal his tricycle. But Buddy on his training weeks is racing after his older brother and trying to keep up. Right now, he hates not being able to beat his brother at anything.

I have been busy with the boys every morning and night, working all day, my lunches are spent either at the gym or at the pool. But I'm feeling pretty good, doing things with the kids and getting things done.

I built a garden box on Sunday and yesterday I had dirt delivered so I spent a few hours hauling the dirt in the wheel barrow. So I skipped the gym today and relaxed and read at the office and then walked over to the daycare to visit with Buddy for a bit and then walked SmartGuy to daycamp.

Things are going well. I'm now down 26lb putting me under 300lb for the first time since last summer/fall, I don't know what exactly that tragedy happened and it's never going to happen again. I just don't know how I got to the place in live but it's changing and it's only going to keep getting better.

We walked today. Well I walked to town this morning and Hubby took the van and the kids to daycare for me. His truck is incapacitated for the next few weeks waiting for a part so we'll make do with one vehicle. I figured it would be a great excuse to get some exercise in. Until this morning when I was halfway to town and I realized I wore the wrong shoes. How could I wear the wrong shoes you may ask? Well I have a pair of runners that I have had for ages but I don't wear them very often, just to the gym so they are not wore in and halfway to town I started feeling the blisters that were forming. So my half hour walk took about 40 minutes and I was hurting by the time I got to work. I borrow a work truck and went home to get my flip flops which I ended up wearing all day and subsequently walked on in.

So tonight I am pretty darn tired but the boys, even after having walked home do not in fact seem tired. Sigh!!!!

No comments: